Delegated Authority Part 1 New Series
* The structure of people is changing rapidly, to the point of being destroyed.
Dictionary definition for the word "Structure": something (as a building) that is constructed, something arranged in a definite pattern of organization
1 Corinthians 3:9
"For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building (#3619)". RSV
- Greek definition for the word "building": structure, construction
- We are structured after Him.
- We are like Him. (Genesis 1:26)
- God has constructed people to glorify Him by reflecting the totality of all that God is.
- We were organized, arranged, and constructed in such a way that if we do not conform to His way we will fail.
- God's word supplies people with the necessary tools to conform to His way and glorify Him.
- The condition of people is changing.
- Dictionary definition for the word "Condition": A state of being, a state of readiness for use, prerequisite
- Dictionary definition for the word " prerequisite": something that is necessary to the carrying out of a function
- In other words, if our condition is not in order, we will not be able to carry out our God-given function.
- The difference between Structure and Condition
- Kingdom of God (Structure/arrangement) Perfect
- God the Father (Condition/state of being) Excellent
- Earth (Structure/ arrangement) Corruption
- People who live on the earth (Condition/state of being) Corruption
- Homes (Structure/ arrangement) Corruption/eaten up by termites
- People who live in the home (Condition/state of being) Corruption
- Our body (Structure/ arrangement) Corruption/sex change
- Spirit and soul (Condition/state of being) Corruption eaten up by doubt, fear, worry, bitterness
- The word corruption was mentioned allot.
- (Side note) This brings in an excellent way to evangelize.
- Ask people this question, "How are you going to escape from the corruption that is in the world?"
2 Peter 1:3-4
"His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, that through these you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion, and become partakers of the divine nature." RSV
* There are at least three ways to maintain our structure/arrangement and condition/ state of being
(3) Exercising delegated authority
* Here are a few portions about faith in scripture but is not my primary focus at this time.
Romans 11:17-21 (Engrafting process: Cut, Place, Take)
"But if some of the branches were broken off, while you, a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among them to share the richness [of the root and sap] of the olive tree,
Do not boast over the branches and pride yourself at their expense. If you do boast and feel superior, remember it is not you that support the root, but the root [that supports] you.
You will say then, Branches were broken (pruned) off so that I might be grafted in!
That is true. But they were broken (pruned) off because of their unbelief (their lack of real faith), and you are established through faith [because you do believe]. So do not become proud and conceited, but rather stand in awe and be reverently afraid.
For if God did not spare the natural branches [because of unbelief], neither will He spare you [if you are guilty of the same offense]." AMP
"And without faith it is impossible to please him." RSV
"for whatever is not from faith is sin." NKJV
1 John 5:4
"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith." NKJV
* Without faith, we will fall apart and fail.
* The second way to maintain our structure/ arrangement and condition/ state of being.
* Here is one portion about the Bible in scripture but is not my primary focus at this time.
"The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure,
making wise the simple; the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is clean,
enduring for ever; the ordinances of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward." RSV
(Exercising Delegated Authority) (See video)
* Therefore, why are believers being destroyed in structure/arrangement and condition/state of being?
“My people are destroyed (#1820) for lack of knowledge” RSV
- Believers perish for lack of knowledge.
- Hebrew definition for the word "Destroyed": to be dumb or silent, to fail or perish
- Dictionary definition for the word "Destroy": to ruin the structure or condition
- The knowledge I am talking about is the knowledge of knowing our spiritual delegated authority.
- This is the third way to maintain our structure/arrangement and condition/state of being
- Not knowing we have spiritual authority defeats us.
- Not using our authority also defeats us.
Four ways to know this subject of delegated authority:
(1) Prayer (English for me)
(2) Prayer (Tongues)
1 Corinthians 14:15 (Stay in tune with God's Spirit involving authority of the believer)
"Then what am I to do? I will pray with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will also pray [intelligently] with my mind and understanding; I will sing with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will sing [intelligently] with my mind and understanding also." AMP
"Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty." AMP
2 Timothy 2:15 (Study the authority of the believer to increase confident level)
"Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth." AMP
"Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessaloni'ca, for they received the word with all eagerness, examining the scriptures daily to see if these things were so." RSV
(4) Accurate teachings
* Note: Accurately dividing God's truth provides accurate teaching.
2 Peter 2:1 (Be discerning of the teachers and the materials we are learning from)
"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you" RSV
1 Timothy 4:1
"Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by giving heed to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons" RSV
"I appeal to you, brethren, to be on your guard concerning those who create dissensions and difficulties and cause divisions, in opposition to the doctrine (the teaching) which you have been taught. [I warn you to turn aside from them, to] avoid them." AMP
"Do not be led away by diverse and strange teachings" RSV
* Therefore, as a teacher in the body of Christ I am providing as accurate as possible some knowledge of this subject to you.
Consider this very important passage of God's word before we go further.
"And His gifts were [varied; He Himself appointed and gave men to us] some to be apostles (special messengers), some prophets (inspired preachers and expounders), some evangelists (preachers of the Gospel, traveling missionaries), some pastors (shepherds of His flock) and teachers.
His intention was the perfecting and the full equipping of the saints (His consecrated people), [that they should do] the work of ministering toward building up Christ's body (the church),
[That it might develop] until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the [full and accurate] knowledge of the Son of God, that [we might arrive] at really mature manhood (the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ's own perfection), the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ and the completeness found in Him.
So then, we may no longer be children, tossed [like ships] to and fro between chance gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, [the prey of] the cunning and cleverness of unscrupulous men, [gamblers engaged] in every shifting form of trickery in inventing errors to mislead." AMP
* Keep in mind that we are to do the works of Jesus.
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it. RSV
* Part of the works of Jesus is exercising authority over the kingdom of darkness.
* Let us look at our Master (Jesus Christ our Lord) as He demonstrates authority over Satan.
“From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day. Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, "Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!" But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense (#4625) to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men." NKJV
* When Jesus used His authority against Satan, whom was He dealing with when we spoke?
To be continued…