Personalizing Deuteronomy 6:6-9
1. I have noticed that Deuteronomy 6:6-9 is for the New Testament believers.
2. First, it is a reminder for the parents toward their children.
3. Today we will reveal one new level involving these verses. (Deuteronomy 6:6-9)
4. I believe that this level (if obeyed) will help us overcome idolatry.
5. For me, I see placing things or people before God as idolatry
6. Keyword to bring to the surface at this point is overcome.
7. Consider these verses.
1 John 5:4-5 (NKJV)
"For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?"
John 16:33 (NKJV) (Tribulation Greek #2347 Trouble, pressure, distress)
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation#2347; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
8. I believe that idolatry is in the world. (Look around)
9. However, based on the verses I just read we have what it takes to overcome the world. (Including idolatry)
10. Yet why do we see so many people bound by idolatry and other things of this world?
- We are born of God.
- We have faith.
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
- We have Jesus who is has overcome.
11. The answer, people need to be taught the word of God rightly divided.
12. If taught properly believers will operate in the overcoming abilities of Jesus Christ.
13. Continue to learn as you listen to the teaching.