Ever Full of Sap Part 3 Storing potential energy
Suggestion: To maintain your focus read the entire page first before going to the links. Thank you.
Some Highlights: (Highlighted text added)
- What do I mean when I say; we need to labor in the word of God with actions to have effective sap.
- Example: We have the free gift of righteousness (Romans 5:17) but maintenance is required. (Labor needed)
- In today's society, it seems like many people want things done now. (Grocery stores, microwave, TV dinners, already cooked chicken)
- Realize that salvation is only one aspect of God's word just like the free gift of righteousness.
- Both the free gift of salvation and the free gift of righteousness have stored potential energy. (Rubber band example)
- We can say we have salvation and the free gift of righteousness (content- potential energy) but labor is needed to operate and maintain it.
- Question. Do you think labor was involved in Psalms 92:12-15 to produce the result listed? Yes!
- Psalms 92:12-15 (Labor is needed from the righteous to gain the following results) “The righteous flourish like the palm tree, and grow like a cedar in Lebanon. 13 They are planted in the house of the Lord, they flourish in the courts of our God. 14 They still bring forth fruit in old age, they are ever full of sap and green, 15 to show that the Lord is upright; he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.” RSV
- A study system is like a root system to a tree.
- Roots serve plants and trees in four principal ways.
- Question: Do you think the palm tree, the cedar and fruit, sap and green leaves can survive without a root system?
- Trying to keep a Christmas tree alive with no roots is like teaching a person God's word (to keep him alive or effective) that has no type of study system of any kind.
- I believe that the Christians "root system" is their study life. (Click here to learn about an effective study and more!)
- As we apply our study system involving God's word (Content, Sap-storing potential energy), we turn God's word into kinetic energy and we will flourish as we saw in Psalms 92:12-15.
- Continue listening to the teaching...
Click here and discoverer more about the palm tree and how it relates to believers in Christ Jesus.