Handprints! Identity! We need each other! (Object lesson #6)
See introduction from part 1 for clarity.
Let us continue with our next object lesson.
(Highlighted text added)
Handprints: (Object lesson)
Each person is unique and no person is the same.
These portions of God's word reveal that each person is different, and every part (Person) needs each other. Think for moment, the body of Christ!
1 Corinthians 12:14-21
14 Yes, the body has many parts, not just one part. 15 If the foot says, "I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand," that does not make it any less a part of the body.
16 And what would you think if you heard an ear say, "I am not part of the body because I am only an ear and not an eye"? Would that make it any less a part of the body?
17 Suppose the whole body were an eye-then how would you hear? Or if your whole body were just one big ear, how could you smell anything?
18 But that isn't the way God has made us. He has made many parts for our bodies and has put each part just where he wants it. 19 What a strange thing a body would be if it had only one part! 20 So he has made many parts, but still there is only one body.
21 The eye can never say to the hand, "I don't need you." The head can't say to the feet, "I don't need you." TLB
Character quality to evaluate. This would be great to memorize as part of your character arsenal.
Tolerance vs. Prejudice
“Acceptance of others as unique expressions of specific character qualities in varying degrees of maturity.” *(IBLP)
Some goals and insights:
1. Accepting others without compromising God’s word.
2. It would be wise to accept people whoever they are but not the sin.
3. Those in Christ should never judge a person outside of Christ.
4. Realize that those outside of Christ are sinners. God is not expecting them to behave.
5. However, those in Christ have the Holy Spirit, they are God’s children, they have Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Therefore, God is expecting His children to behave or do the right thing.
Related and helpful information!
Click here. Identity Resources (Links from this website) Who are you?
Click here. Parental assistance (Links)
Click here. Object lesson #7
*Used with permission from the Institute in Basic Life Principles.