Finding the Path Back to Maturity Regain what was lost!
(Highlighted text added)
If in fact, a Christian has lost their first love it is best for them to return to the place once familiar; when they were first born-again. As it was when they were mere babes, they must feed only on milk, not solids. In what can be a sobering act of returning to the first principles in God's Word, one acknowledges the strong indications that they need to start from scratch.
“You have been Christians a long time now, and you ought to be teaching others, but instead you have dropped back to the place where you need someone to teach you all over again the very first principles in God's Word.
You are like babies who can drink only milk, not old enough for solid food. And when a person is still living on milk it shows he isn't very far along in the Christian life, and doesn't know much about the difference between right and wrong. He is still a baby Christian!
You will never be able to eat solid spiritual food and understand the deeper things of God's Word until you become better Christians and learn right from wrong by practicing doing right.” TLB
- If we find ourselves at a point in life when spiritual milk is our only food, we may need to call it what it is, and “start from scratch."
- Starting from Scratch… Will lead a person who dropped back to resume the maturity they once had and regain what was lost. (Matthew 5:13)
- Starting from Scratch… It provides assistance for those desiring to be taught the first principles in God's Word.
- Starting from scratch… It takes time and effort.
- Old patterns of living will need to be changed.
- New habits will need to be formed.
- Discovering when you got off track would be helpful.
- A mentor would be a wise choice for those who need to regain lost territory.
- If anyone desires to advance God’s kingdom they will need strength. Strength comes through prayer and study and many times through the help of a personal trainer.
- Pure spiritual milk is excellent, but God desires His children to eat solid foods as well.
- If a person continues to head in a direction of not returning back to the first principles in God's Word, that person will have milk as their primary diet.
- If the decision is not made to grow spiritually, milk will remain the main course. Heaven will be their final destination, but their potential to be used by God on earth will not take shape as it could if they chose the path of maturity.
- To feed on pure spiritual milk is an excellent thing, but we cannot live on it if we desire to advance God’s kingdom. We need the strength that comes through solid spiritual food.
1 Peter 2:2-3
“Be like newborn babies, always thirsty for the pure spiritual milk, so that by drinking it you may grow up and be saved. As the scripture says, "You have found out for yourselves how kind the Lord is." TEV
- The word “pure” in Greek, means unadulterated, sincere, absence of fraud and deceitfulness, not being diluted, or at full strength.
- God desires His children to be spiritually mature.
- Those who have lost their first love need to purpose in their hearts to make their time with God the primary and most important relationship.
- Purpose in your heart today, to make God your focus, and time with Him, your key relationship.
- Desire the pure, spiritual milk along with pure, spiritual solid food. Learn the first principles in God's Word and never drop back again.
Click here. Preventing Casualties_Maturity level (Audio/dramatized/Video)