Spiritual Training Part 2_Purpose of Training_See your true condition Dramatized audio teaching
Take notes in your H.F.B. if you have one. What is an H.F.B.? Click here
Enjoy this dramatized teaching and the music at the end! Ponder over the teaching as you listen.
(Purpose of this teaching)
(1) Godly life
(2) Honor God
(3) Help those in need
(Highlights) Powerful material!
Renewed mind vs. Un-renewed mind
What happened to our old self?
Withstanding the enemy?
How to increase determination?
Review from Part 1
1. For God’s word to penetrate in the life of a person, their heart must be soft, pliable or workable.
2. To assist us during the week Proverbs 12:11 needs to be applied.
He who tills his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits has no sense. RSV
3. Once again I will be speaking on spiritual training.
4. We know that the kingdom of darkness will attempt to take away what I am sowing today.
5. Therefore when we feel like we do not want to pray, study, read and so on make the decision and go against that feeling.
6. The false feeling is a combination of our un-renewed mind and Satan’s influence.
7. First, let me deal with the un-renewed mind. (Human nature without God)
8. I need to head in this direction to help us understand why people do what they do.
9. Remember what I said a while back.
10. If the value of the activity is high enough, we will have the determination to do it.
11. Consider these verses involving the value of spiritual training.
12. I am building up the value of spiritual training.
1 Timothy 4:7-8
But refuse and avoid irreverent legends (profane and impure and godless fictions, mere grandmothers' tales) and silly myths, and express your disapproval of them. Train yourself toward godliness (piety), [keeping yourself spiritually fit].
8 For physical training is of some value (useful for a little), but godliness (spiritual training) is useful and of value in everything and in every way, for it holds promise for the present life and also for the life which is to come. AMP
13. The emphasis in the world seems to be on physical training.
14. Let us take a little time and hang around the word “train” or in the KJV “exercise”.
15. The King James Version (KJV) uses the word “Exercise” the Amplified (Amp) Bible uses the word “Train”.
16. Greek definition for the word “exercise”: NT: 1128: to control oneself by thorough discipline - 'to discipline oneself, to keep oneself disciplined.' 'Keep yourself disciplined for a godly life' 1 Tim 4:7. In a number of languages the equivalent of 'to discipline oneself' is literally 'to make oneself obey.' (From Greek-English Lexicon Based on Semantic Domain)
17. Greek definition for the word “exercise”: NT: 1128 to exercise vigorously, in any way, either the body or the mind, of one who strives earnestly to become godly, 1 Timothy 4:7; (From Thayer's Greek Lexicon)
18. Questions. What decisions need to be made today to train for a godly life, to honor God and to help those in need?
19. As we move forward, keep in mind this verse.
2 Timothy 3:12
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. NKJV
Continuing listening and discover more life-changing material.
Portions of God's Word to consider:
"But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God).
17 For the desires of the flesh are opposed to the [Holy] Spirit, and the [desires of the] Spirit are opposed to the flesh (godless human nature); for these are antagonistic to each other [continually withstanding and in conflict with each other], so that you are not free but are prevented from doing what you desire to do." AMP
Click here. Part 3.