Diminishing Irritations! Antidote!
Welcome, all Royal Prayer Guards!
I pray all is well with you and your family. Thank you always for your loyalty toward our heavenly Father involving prayer.
Irritations of life!
I know many of us have been irritated at times with a variety of things in this life that take place in our neighborhoods, especially when trying to sleep.
I desire to share with you some simple and effective ways to offset irritations that I use.
First, a familiar list!
Here is a short list we might be familiar with that causes irritations.
1. Noisy, late, and wild parties when we are sleeping or trying to sleep.
2. Continuous barking dogs.
3. Unnecessary or excessive phone calls throughout the day and weeks.
4. Annoying emails that attempt to take advantage of our life. (Spam, scams, and so on)
5. Skunks and their recognizable smell, come into our homes after they spray.
Everyone has two choices!
1. Emotional reaction!
2. Divine response!
When I worked in the grocery industry on the night crew for sixteen years, I had these same choices. If anyone worked on the night crew, they know sleep is absolutely required!
Emotional reactions would include the following when the irritations happen.
1. Upset and troubled!
2. Speaking unpleasant words and murmuring!
3. Slamming doors!
4. Slamming windows!
Divine responses would include the following when the irritations take place.
1. Sincerely pray for the people rather than taking an offense of whatever is causing the irritations.
2. Realize God sees everyone and knows everything that is happening. He is everywhere at the same time. No one can hide from the creator of heaven and earth!
3. When we do pray it must be sincere out of love for the people.
4. When we recognize people’s conditions, we will have mercy on them. Our anger will decrease as we delight in mercy.
Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy.
for there will be no mercy to those who have shown no mercy. But if you have been merciful, then God’s mercy toward you will win out over his judgment against you.
Examples and ideas for prayer: (Emphasis is on the people)
1. When there are noisy, late, and wild parties pray for those people.
2. When the dogs start barking and will not stop, start praying for those people where the dogs are located.
3. When those phone calls start coming, pray for those who developed the process.
4. When we receive emails (Scams and so on) attempting to take advantage of our life, pray for those people.
5. Pray and believe God to cause the skunks and animals around the skunks to be coordinated to prevent the skunks from spraying around our homes.
Helpful suggestions, insights, and wisdom:
1. Focus on the people, not the irritations.
2. Love is not irritable or resentful. 1 Corinthians 13:5
3. Realize the enemy knows what bothers us. Therefore, they will continue to do anything they can to irritate and distract us if we do nothing.
4. Irritations and distractions hinder our time of prayer and reading the Bible.
5. Use irritations as an opportunity to pray for the people.
6. Cause the efforts of our enemies (Kingdom of darkness) to backfire when we pray.
7. Irritations can be utilized to press believers toward God in prayer and reading the Bible.
8. Take advantage of using all irritations as a new prayer list.
9. Be ready to pray when new irritations surface.
Click here. Helpful resource. How do we pray for the lost?
Thank you again for your dependability!
Pastor Vince Marino
Royal Prayer Guards